Friday, April 10, 2009

Origami Play

Apparently this is an image created using an origami pattern making program, and I love it! As well as being a beautiful image in itself, it reminds me of the intricate structure of crystal formations.
I'm finding more and more similarities between the multi-faceted crystal form and the type of abstract origami pieces I am envisioning for the chess pieces. Just a bit of Photoshop collage play where I am fulfilling my eternal love of diagrams and emphasising the confusing complexity of origami instructions.
These are just some Illustrator doodles in which I have traced the geometric contours of origami pieces and crystals.

Oh no, I'm starting to sound like my boyfriend... http://architecturalism.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Hey, do you know the name of the program that made the image above?

    ReplyDelete