Sunday, April 26, 2009

Playing with the chess set

Although I haven't formally looked at the colour palette I have found that a scheme has naturally developed through my design process. Here are my observations of colour:
*toxic green - recurring colour that followed from initial idea development when i was ori-tracing
*light blue - even before toxic green i was using blue lines to trace and create geometric forms
*warm grey/green - came as an alternative to black which was too stark against other hues, but knowing i had to keep it black and white, selected a nearest black replacement.

I used my creative intuition to place the chess pieces in a roughly symmetrical composition, balancing it with light and dark coloured pieces, and still in a scattered-on-the-chess-board arrangement. I repeated some of the smaller pieces (pawn, knight, rook) and featured the King and Queen once each, featuring them strongly on the forefont, while the other pieces are at the hands of the players.

No comments:

Post a Comment